Choosing a childcare center for your child is one of the most important decisions for a parent. We take pride in our commitment to your child, therefore we always ensure your child is in a happy, safe and clean environment.
Temperature Screening: All children are subjected to daily health check at the entrance of the school upon arrival
Maintaining good hygiene levels: Every day our school thoroughly disinfects and sanitise our toys, mattresses and all surfaces that are frequently touched
First Aid Assistance:
– For minor injuries, teachers who are trained and certified in First Aid will perform Standard First Aid Procedures.
– In serious cases, the nearest medical aid will be sought and parents will be informed immediately.
Precautionary measures against COVID-19
(Phase 2 Heightened Alert, 22 July to 18 August)
1) Health Declaration/ Medical Leave (MC):
– Children who display the following symptom should seek medical attention and only return to school once they have fully recovered. Teachers reserve the right to reject your child from entering the school should he/ she display the above symptoms.
Temperature of 37.5 degrees and above
Runny nose and block nose
Shortness of breath
Red spots in the mouth, on hands and feet
– Children on Medical Leave (MC) are strictly not allowed to enter the school until he/she finishes the duration of the MC period.
– Children/ staff/ any of their household members issued with Health Risk Alert (HRA) will be allowed to attend preschool, if well. They will receive HRA notifications and are strongly encouraged to get tested and minimise their social interactions for the duration specified by MOH.
2) Travel Declaration:
– Children and staff must inform and fill up travel declaration form before leaving Singapore
– All visitors must declare any travelling over the past 14 days
– All parents must declare if they are planning to travel (including cruise–to–nowhere)
3) Leave of Absence (LOA):
Children who have family member in the same household who are serving SHN (including waiting for COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction Test (PCR) results done by GP), QO, or mandatory swab tests are strictly not allowed to attend school. Parents should inform the school immediately, and the child will be issued LOA as the school is required to report to ECDA and MOH. Parents are required to also update the school of the test result before the child can return to school.
– Parents must inform us immediately should your child or any household member is/ are:
Serving Stay-Home Notice (SHN), Home Quarantine Order (HQO), or Leave of Absence (LOA)
Is given SHN MC by the medical practitioner (while waiting for swab test results)
Undergoing a mandatory COVID-19 swab test (the child/staff will be placed on LOA until the household member's test results return negative)
– Children/ staff who are issued a Health Risk Warning (HRW) will be placed on LOA for the duration of the HRW. They may return to school when they receive a negative exit PCR test result (negative entry for household members issued with HRW).
4) Ensuring good hygiene levels in school:
– All children aged 2 years and above must wear a mask/ face shield when in school
– COVID-Safe ABCs: All safe distancing measures that have been implemented in Phase 1 will continue
– Daily cleaning and disinfecting routines are being carried out every day in school
5) Suspended activities:
– All large group activities that intermingle with other class levels are not allowed
– Outdoor activities
– No showering for Nursery 1 and above children (need-to basis only)
– School events, outings, and concert remains cancelled
6) Enrichment programmes:
– All enrichment classes will continue, the external teaching personnel of the respective programmes will only serve only 1 preschool (Appleland Playhouse).
7) Limitation of visitors/ School visits:
– All parents, including parents of newly enrolled children, are not allowed to enter the premises on weekdays.
– Infant Care parents can enter to drop-off and pick up their child, only 1 parent is allowed to enter.
– School visits are allowed on Saturdays, strictly by appointment only. Visitors must be well to enter our premises.
– All visitors are required to take their temperature upon entering
8) Other strict measures:
– Only 1 parent is allowed for drop-off and pick-up of their child, kindly wait in the waiting area at all times.
– No mingling with one another at drop-off/ pick-up point
– Refrain from having long conversations with the teachers to avoid crowding at the waiting area, parents can communicate via the school app instead.
Last update: 22 July 2021
(Based on ECDA's Revised Precautionary Measures for Preschools against COVID-19 issued on 21 July 2021)